Sunday, September 28, 2014

Brian Williams "Enough About You"

Summary:
In Brian William's "Enough About You" he speaks about how our society now is so self-absorbed. He focuses on the idea that if it has to do with you then it has to be shared with others. Before we used to never be consumed in the idea of feeling such importance about ourselves. Ever since the advance in the social media networking world it has made all of us feel that what we have to say is significant to others, when in reality many will most likely feel indifferent. The issue has gotten worse because it makes us feel that we are better than others like we deserve to be heard by everyone. He also mentions how there will be no more actual conversation between people because we will be too mesmerized by typing out our thoughts about ourselves.

Reponse:
Reading his essay, as sad as it is we have become this self-absorbed generation. For example, we tend to tweet content that we feel is important to us, but really not everyone feels the same way. We are using the social networking sites as a way to show off our assets and our opinions on certain matters. Here we are posting "selfies" because we want to show something about ourselves, and for some one selfie isn't enough. I can't lie, I have my fair shares of selfies on my Instagram, but I wouldn't let it get out of hand to where I'm going to make myself appear conceited. I just feel that we have forgotten the main idea of communication with the whole social networking world.

No comments:

Post a Comment