Sunday, December 7, 2014

Summary:
 In Rachel Simmons article, "The Secret Language of Girls on Instagram" how girls now a days are using Instagram to post pictures that send a deeper meaning, hence "secret language." She sets up different catergories such as: to know what friends really think of them, to measure how much a friend really likes you, a public barometer of popularity, to show BFF PDA, a way to retaliate, a personal branding machine, and a place for birthday collages. Simmons makes a claim that girls have taken this social media device to a whole other level because times used to be much simpler when people would post pictures for its original purpose.

Response:
I enjoyed reading Rachel Simmons article because I think all of it true to a T. I am not quite sure how this new "language" came about, but I mean I think each one of us girls can relate to at least one of the categories. I remember the times when we just posted pictures because we wanted to, and not to give a hidden messages to our followers. I just would rather people be much more straight forward instead of trying to be mysterious.

No comments:

Post a Comment