Saturday, November 15, 2014

Expansion Topical Proposal

I plan on expanding my second essay, where I discussed how our society is infatuated with the idea of receiving attention, the lengths we will go to receive it, and the constant crave for attention. I chose this essay because I did well on this essay and I feel like with our social media world today it would be easy to further elaborate. In Ian Daly's “Virtual Popularity Isn’t Cool -- It’s Pathetic,”, he talks about how when we receive attention we feel this sensation that we desire for more. In my expanded essay I am going to break up the different types of social media like Twitter and Instagram, and discuss its effects on us regarding how it fuels our addiction for attention.

 Key Terms:
  • Twitter (text based)
  • Instagram (photo based)
  • Social media dynamics
  • Addiction to attention 
  • Desire for popularity 

2 comments:

  1. This is a great topic to expand especially for us teenagers. We all go through the addictions and the great feelings we get from all the attention received. Perfect essay topic since it's what takes up half a teenagers attention and life.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with Ian Daly and his article, “Virtual Popularity Isn’t Cool -- It’s Pathetic,” because people devote so much of their time to social media it is a major problem in society. I am not saying that social media itself is a problem but many people are using it all wrong. For example, I actually know someone who frequently takes pictures of her food before she eats it and posts it for people to see and make comments. Don't people have better things to do with their time than to look at what other people eat? I guess not.

    ReplyDelete